Ngāti Kahungunu Iwi Incorporated acknowledges education as an important key to personal, whānau, hapū and iwi development.
Each year we offer two types of scholarships as follows:
Ngāti Kahungunu students who are currently enrolled at a tertiary institution as a full time tauira in the third TO final year of completing a degree OR doing post graduate study.
Three Research Scholarships ($5000) are offered to full-time Ngāti Kahungunu tertiary post-graduate students undertaking research.
Priority will be given to students undertaking research projects within one of the following areas of strategic interest to Ngati Kahungunu:
Fisheries and Resource Management / Environmental Science,
Health & Wellbeing or
Information and Communication Technology.
All students must be of Ngāti Kahungunu descent and registered members on the Iwi registration database.
Each year applications open 5th February and close in May of that same year.
Read before making an application:
To complete an application online you will need electronic copies of :
- A passport size photo
- Letter of official course enrolment and expenses for this year
(stamped by your institution of study and dated between 5th February–10th May 2021)
- A photocopy of last year’s (or most recent) course results
- Electronic copy of your bank deposit slip
- You will also need your Iwi registration number (printed on your Iwi card or call 0800 524 864, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can register online here
- Scholarships close 4.30pm 10th May 2021
- Attachments: need to be in the following formats PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF (iOS, Mac formats will not be accepted)
- Attachments need to be attached with your online application a separate email to the scholarship coordinator will not be accepted
- If you haven't received a copy of your completed application to your email then we have not received it and you will need to resubmit your application - it is your responsibility to follow up with us before the closing date if you are unsure about anything