An updated copy of the Constitution can be requested from the iwi office. Phone: 0800 524 864
“He ao te rangi ka uhia, ma te huruhuru te manu ka rere, ka tau”
Mai Mokonuiarangi ki Te Huiarau, ki Panekiri hoki,
Mai Panekiri ki Tukurangi, ki Pakiaka ki Titirangi, ānei, ngā tihi o te rohe o Ngai Tamaterangi.
Ko Waikaremoana te moana, ko Waiau te awa e whāngaihia raua te whenua, ngā tangata hoki.
Ko Rangiahua, ko Te Kuha, ko Arimawha ngā marae,
Ko Tamaterangi te tangata, tiheei mauri tu, tiheii mauri ora.
Profile (April 2019)
I hold fast to the whakatauki of our tipuna, Tamaterangi, quoted above. Said to be a reference to the appropriateness of representation and use of resources.
Described as hardworking and honest, with a working life focused on the socio-economic, socio-cultural and educational (community and individual) development of whanau, hapu & Iwi. This began with a 15+ year stint in 1975 with Te Tari Māori / Department of Maori Affairs and its replacement agencies.
Have worked in the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet as a Kaitakawaenga a Iwi. Two Industry Training Organisations - Quality Management roles Te Wananga o Aotearoa – Te Korowai Awhina / Social Worker educator roles.
Teachers & Education Council - Whakarurhau Kaupapa Māori.
Currently - Pouarahi at Heritage NZ / Pouhere Taonga.
Have contributed as Chair, Executive and Committee Member on a range of voluntary Community Work and Education organisations, providing general social, health and sporting programmes and services.
Supported numerous Statutory Committees, Advisory Councils, Boards of Governors and Boards of Trustees as an Elected or Seconded Representative.
Support/ed whanau, hapu, Iwi / Maori and general community development through involvement as a Member and Representative of:
- Wellington District Police Maori Advisory Board.
- Kahungunu ki Poneke Social Services (Inc) (Chairperson/Treasurer/member)
- Kia Aio te Noho Marae Whanau Tautoko (Kapiti College)
- Ngai Tamaterangi ki Poneke (Member)
- Tiriti o Waitangi Hui Trainer/Facilitator (for Boards of Trustees & other Professional Bodies)
- Te Runanga o Nga Rauru (Member)
- Taranaki Raupatu Komiti - Iwi Researcher for Waitangi Tribunal Claim
- Runanganui o nga Taurahere Roopu ki Te Whanganui a Tara / Poneke